WSA CLUB UPDATES
WSA CLUB UPDATES for PARENTS SPRING 2023
Sent April 5, 2023
CONTENTS of UPDATE (scroll down to see each update)
1. Side Serves – an activity of service this week THURSDAY thru SUNDAY
2. Player Placement Process – helping inform
3. 3 Goals of Early Communication – improving a process
4. Definitions – what is the difference in “open sessions”, “tryout sessions” and “age group sessions”
5. Timeline Summary for Player Placement
6. Pre-Registration Now Open for 2023-2024 - free & noncommittal
THE SIDE SERVES: Please consider participating in The Side Serves activity this week.
Players who participate are asked to “DO SOMETHING” kind for another.
Share a Side Serves Ticket with the receiver. Download/Print Ticket
Share photos via this link.
Team leaders have “Side Serves” bracelets they will disperse to participating players.
PLAYER PLACEMENT PROCESS - Read More
WSA Player Placement Mantra: “Find the Best Fit”
WSA Staff will be conducting 1-on-1 player feedback meetings by April 15, to help inform all players and parents of the team formation process.
* Newly onboarded coaching staff will complete 1-on-1 player feedback meetings prior to May 1st.
The feedback meeting purpose is to engage and catalyze communication between player, parent and coach regarding player growth and future player placement.
The feedback meeting will NOT convey final commitments to players, or require players to make final commitments to coaches. No feedback is final or has the capacity to define a player.
THREE GOALS of EARLY COMMUNICATION During Player Placement:
1. Share information to help player, parent, and coaching staff make informed decisions on behalf of the players’ soccer future, including all of the players’ teammates who are each impacted by EACH OTHER’s decisions.
2. Mitigate uncertainty and anxiety during the time of the overlapping season of “team formation for next year”, with “conclusion of meaningful experiences and closure for this year”.
3. Advocate growth mindset actions for improvement of player and coach by sharing feedback, discussing strengths, then areas of improvement, vision and goals for success, and finally action plans.
During April some age groups will host “age group sessions”.
Dates, times, locations for "age group" sessions will be posted on your team communication, and some shared via club social media outlets.
WSA will concentrate most "open sessions" during May to help protect the integrity of team and the current season's conclusion, as well as abiding by governing rules.
DEFINITIONS of SESSIONS:
Open Session = A session that is open to players outside of the team/club.
* Note ECNL players (including ECNL-RL) are not permitted to attend other open sessions, nor are clubs permitted to invite ECNL players, including ECNL-RL players per league rules.
Age Group Session = Session internal to the club for players in that particular age group.
Tryout Session = Session aimed at evaluating new, non returning, players within the context of existing and returning players. Open to all players in and out of club.
Team Session: A session directed with an intentional team specific purpose in mind, within the team’s periodization schedule. Some team sessions will be collaborative (i.e. TEAM A is “breaking the press” and TEAM B is ”setting the press”).
Reminder that WSA uses a year-round, fluid. ongoing evaluation process for player placement. The traditional "tryout" or "open session" is only a small portion of this process.
To learn more about WSA's Evaluation Process - Click Here.
February & March – Internal meetings to inform team of next year’s staff relevant to your team.
March & April – Public Announcements clubwide of coaching staff assignments per team for WSA Central.
April & May - Public Announcements clubwide of coaching staff assignments per team for WSA South, WSA OKC, WSA North, WSA East.
April, by April 15 – 1-on-1 coach:player feedback meetings held for returning staff.
May, by May 1 – 1-on-1 coach:player feedback meetings held for newly onboarded staff.
April – Age Group & Open Sessions, announced per age group; Some announcements will be internal, some public.
April -- Open Session Schedule for April/May publicized. Primary focus for "open" sessions will be May 1 onward, in an effort to allow teams to focus on "this season".
April 28-30 – WSA Cup 2023, Playing to Honor the Life of Coach Brian Elliott – Read More
May – Open Sessions week of May 1 and week of May 8 for U11-U19 teams at WSA Central (Competitive)
May – Open Sessions week of May 1 and week of May 15 for U7-U10 teams at WSA Central (Youth Academy)
May -- Open Sessions week of May 15 for Girls ECNL and other teams still in team formation process
May – Open Sessions TBA for WSA North, WSA South, WSA OKC, WSA East.
* Note: Open Session times will begin to be posted on the WSA Website this week under "Tryout Central" (via homepage).
June 3-4 – OPC State Cup in South Lakes for "some" WSA Teams (note that it is competing with other OKC events for hotels!)
WSA Pre-Registration for 2023-2024 is Open NOW (all ages & community clubs)
CLICK HERE TO PRE-REGISTER FOR WSA 2023-2024 NOW
* Pre-Registration is Non-Committal and Free.
Players interested in playing for WSA Soccer next year may “pre-register” now. By pre-registering the player is expressing a strong interest in playing for WSA, and may offer their preferred team or coach.
The club will be using a new software, TGS, next year, and the pre-registration process will help expedite official registration.
Parents will set up a Parent Account to manage their child(children).
Invite emails will be sent beginning on May 1 to players committed to participating on a WSA team (*May 15 for Girls ECNL).
All players will register via this process:
Step 2: Register & Complete the Each Other Commitment, via Invite Link sent to your Email.
* Invite links sent by email beginning May 1st (*May 15 for Girls ECNL).
4 REASONS TO PRE-REGISTER:
1. Informs your coach of your intention to return.
2. Speeds up registration by allowing parents to set up a parent portal ahead of time.
3. Helps your teammates and staff understand who is committed to next year's team in advance.
4. Prepares others which helps others create best plans for “best fit”.
WHY NOT PRE-REGISTER:
1. 100% or almost 100% certain I will not return to WSA Soccer next year.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS EARLY. WHAT IF THINGS CHANBE BETWEEN NOW & THEN?
1. If you pre-register and select a coach or team and change your mind. No problem. Then you will submit a request to change team/coach. This can be done online or directly to your coach/manager.
2. If you pre-register and the coach/team you requested does not form, or you decide not to commit, or the staff does not select you. No problem. You are not obligated and you can still submit a request to change to a new coach/team.
3. If you do not pre-register and you then later commit to a team/coach. No problem. You will first have to "pre-register" to set up your account. Then the club staff will send you a registration email.
4. What are the deadlines? The deadlines will remain fluid with an overall goal to finalize the majority of teams by June 1. Uniform orders will be due May 19th, with refunds offered through June 1. Team formation may persist into June for some teams.
2023-2024 FEE STRUCTURE & UNIFORMS
Club officials and directors will release fees for the coming year very soon. Every effort is being made to create a fee structure of nominal to no increase for 2023-2024.
This is a uniform purchase year in the 2-year cycle. All players will be purchasing new club uniforms. Uniform orders will open in April. Payments will begin in May.
During the uniform order a $5 deposit is requested to confirm transaction details, and is refundable and noncommittal should things change.
After registering for a team the transaction will be confirmed and non-refundable. Payment plans will be available to pay for the uniform in installments over 3-4 months.
This year's uniform style is the same as last year's. For sizing purposes you can use last year's unform. The club will also provide some "sizing days". The “design” of the uniform will be revealed later this Spring TBD.
The deadline to place a uniform order is May 19th. Orders placed after May 19th will not be guaranteed for August 1. More info coming soon.
You may inquire of your program director, who can possibly provide early information on fees and uniform expenses.
CLUB UPDATES DECEMBER 15, 2022 - 5K GIVE AWAY TICKET SUBMISSIONS
CLUB UPDATES DECEMBER 5, 2022
CLUB UPDATES OCT 22
CLUB MEETING, WEDNESDAY, NOV 2nd, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Turkey Mountain Haunted Trail Needs Volunteers Oct 21-29
Turkey Mountain Haunted Trail Ticket Sales Oct 21-29
3v3 INDOOR LEAGUE hosted by WSA at TITAN
Christmas Break Camp at The Armory