Coach Wes Branstetter defeated Coach Billy Wallace in the First Annual FIFA PS3/XBox Champions League final. The game went to penalties after Coach Billy (Chelsea) drew level late. Michael Little (Bayern) and Fernando (Barcelona) each reached the semifinal stage. Look for a full report and standings update later this week...
WSA FIFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY, MARCH 24th
1:00 p.m. @ BTW REC CENTER, SAPULPA
REGISTER NOW TO RSVP A HIGHER SEED
SEE YOUR COMPETITION CLICK HERE
You can also walk-up and register - but online application guarantees entry!
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS
INVITE YOUR FAMILY
BRING YOUR NEIGHBOR
LET’S MAKE THIS THING HUGE!!!!!!
WSA FIFA 2012 TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
TOURNAMENT DEADLINE EXTENDED
SIGN UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED THE DAY OF
LOCATION: Booker T. Washington Community Center
ADDRESS: 209 N. Gray St. , SAPULPA, OK, 74066
BTW REC CENTER PHONE NUMBER: 918.224.5770
COST: $20 DOLLARS
TOURNAMENT STARTS: AT 1:00PM AND ENDS AT 5:00PM.
THE LOCATION WE’VE SECURED HAS A BASKETBALL GYM, PING PONG TABLES, POOL TABLES, CONCESSION STAND AND AN ARCADE ROOM. SO COME PREPARED TO HAVE A LOT OF FUN.
1. Both PS3 and Xbox systems will be available for competition. However, when a match up occurs where both players prefer opposite systems, a coin toss will determine the system used. In the event both athletes prefer the same system, a coin toss will still determine home team. Winner decides!
2. The winner of the coin toss will determine the system and the loser will be the home team.
3. You WILL NOT be allowed to use ANY created players. ONLY available team roster set by FIFA 2012.
4. You can choose any team you’d like in every game you play. However, from the time the coin toss finishes, you will have 5 minutes to set your controller settings, choose your team, select your jersey color and adjust your line-up.
Failing to do so will result in a "YELLOW CARD". Should you receive a second "YELLOW" for the same offense, you will receive a "RED CARD", which will result in the forfeiture of your NEXT scheduled match. You WILL be allowed to complete the current match. So do your homework, have a plan and execute. (We do encourage you to play with the same team during the tournament, but the tournament committee understands there may be match-ups that might require a change--unless of course you’re me and I’ll beat anyone, with any team, 97.3% of the time --- if you’ve beaten me before, I let you for one reason another --- you make up the 2.7%)
5. Five minute halves will be applied to ALL preliminary/pool play matches. All preliminary matches ending in a DRAW at the end of regulation are FINAL. (NO OVERTIME AND NO PENALTIES)
IF you reach the knockout stages, the halves will increase and be set at six minutes. Teams tied at the end of regulation will play "CLASSIC" feature. If still tied, penalties will decide the winner. Loser goes home.
Should you be lucky enough to finish in the top four, SEMI-FINALS AND FINAL match lengths will increase and be set at ten minute halves. Teams tied at the end of regulation for a final will play "CLASSIC" style feature. If still tied, penalties will decide the winner.
6. This tournament is an on-site tournament ONLY. No online matches can or will be played. You must be present to compete.
7. No substitutions either. If YOU sign up, YOU must play . <---period ! <--- exclamation point
8. Players WILL NOT be seeded for this tournament.
THERE WILL NOT BE A RANDOM DRAW BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT. THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE SEEDED AND SCHEDULED THE DAY OF!
WE WILL BE OFFERING DISCOUNTS OR PRIZES TO PLAYERS WHO CAN PROVIDE XBOX SYSTEMS AND/OR PS3 SYSTEMS. IF YOU WE USE YOUR SYSTEM, YOU WILL BE COMPENSATED.
ALSO, 50% OFF TO ANYONE WHO BRINGS A FLAT SCREEN TV AND IT IS USED. MUST BE 36" OR BIGGER (YOU MIGHT CHECK WITH ME FIRST TO MAKE SURE WE DIDN’T GET EQUIPMENT TAKEN CARE OF. THAT WAY YOU’RE NOT LUGGING A TV AROUND THAT WE NO LONGER NEED)
THE CHAMPION OF THE TOURNAMENT WILL NOT ONLY RECEIVE A COPY OF THE NEW FIFA 2013 WHEN IT COMES OUT, BUT ALSO A COPY OF THE NEW FIFA 2014 WHEN IT COMES OUT !!!
-- These are a few of the main rules in place, and again, the tournament committee holds the right to alter, add or remove rules.
-- If you have any questions and/or suggestions, please feel free to e-mail or call. No gurantees suggestions will be applied, but we appreciate your ideas and opinions, as we want to create the best experience possible for this first time event.
Good luck to you all.
W S A ..... It’s in the game !
FIFA 12 Tournament President
"Well done is better than well said"